I am a writer, editor, translator, voice actor and public speaker working from Vermont. I have also been a teacher of English language and literature and a director of academic programs in the U.S., Greece, and France.
- As a writer, I have written op-eds, poems, grants, newsletters, speeches, and magazine and newspaper and scholarly articles, under my own name and on behalf of others. I have published three books and a booklet.
- As a voice actor with 20 years of professional experience, I have done everything from radio spots to TV commercials, documentaries, corporate videos, audioguides, and audiobooks for Bee Audio. I work from a professionally equipped home studio.
- As an editor, I have worked on manuscripts in such fields as law, engineering, forestry, literature, and linguistics.
- As a translator (from Modern Greek into English) I have translated A Taste of Greece (a cookbook by Andreas Lagos, Ellinoekdotiki, 2016) and Who Killed Professor X? by Thodoris Andriopolis (Springer, 2015). I contributed translations from French and Latin to World Poetry (Norton, 2000).
- As a creative consultant, I have worked with Momix and Moses Pendleton on various projects, and with the Greek marketing agency Ambigram for numerous Greek corporate clients.
- As a teacher, I have taught English at the college and high school level in the U.S. and in Greece.
- As a public speaker, I have made presentations on history, literature, and English language teaching.
I set up Phil Holland Voice & Word to do freelance work in all of these areas. References from previous clients on request.