I am a voice actor, writer, editor, translator, and creative consultant working from Vermont. I have also been a teacher of English language and literature and a director of academic programs in the U.S., Greece, and France.
- As a voice actor with 15 years of professional experience, I have done everything from radio spots to TV commercials, documentaries, corporate videos, audioguides, and audiobooks for Bee Audio and Redwood Audiobooks. I work from a professionally equipped home studio.
- As a writer, I have written grants, newsletters, commencement speeches, magazine and newspaper articles, and op-eds, under my own name and on behalf of others. A book of poetry, The dance must follow, with photographs by Moses Pendleton, and a children’s book, If Vegetables Could Talk, with illustrations by Freedom Holland, are forthcoming from West Mountain Press.
- As an editor, I have worked on manuscripts in such fields as law, engineering, forestry, literature, and linguistics.
- As a translator (from Modern Greek into English) I have translated Who Killed Professor X? by Thodoris Andriopolis (Springer, 2015), and numerous manuscripts for Greek individuals and organizations. I contributed translations from French and Latin to World Poetry (Norton, 2000).
- As a creative consultant, I have worked with Momix and Moses Pendleton on various projects, and with the Greek marketing agency Ambigram for numerous Greek corporate clients.
I set up Phil Holland Voice & Word to do freelance work in all of these areas. References from previous clients on request.